Statement of Faith
STATEMENT OF FAITH / DOCTRINAL BASISThe ICCLBTI shall always look to the Bible as its guide in spiritual matters, and shall fully subscribe to the fundamental truths and the standard of Christian doctrine and principles.Hence, the doctrinal basis of ICCLBTI shall be the fundamental truths of the Christian faith which include the following:
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and the Final judgement.
- The fallen state of man and the universal guilt of all men as having fallen and alienated from God.
- Salvation by faith in the finished works of Jesus Christ and therefore an act of grace and not by works. We believe in (i) the New Birth of the believer, (ii) in the salvation of lost and sinful people through personal repentance, and (iii) in regeneration by the Holy Spirit, as stated: "Ye must be born again." We affirm that a believer must actively cooperate and participate in the sanctification process (positional and progressive).
- We believe in ONE God in THREE PERSONS (the Trinity): that is the Unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead. (Deut. 6:4 ; Matt. 28:19 ; Mark 12:29)
- Water baptism as an outward symbol of identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the Holy life befitting such faith. Scriptural way of baptism is by immersion. (Mt. 28: 19; 3: 13 – 17)
- The universal church being the body of all born - again believers regardless of their denominations.
- Fellowship of believers should be a holy assembly and Christ – likeness in members is something to be pursued with all diligence.
- Believers leave the body at death to be present with the Lord and will share in the blessed resurrection when Christ appears the second time to a life of eternal peace.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost: of them that are saved unto the resurrection of life, of them that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation, which is called the second death. We believe that Hell is a literal place.The redemption of the believers from all the works of the devil namely sickness, depression, death, sin and poverty.
- The sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, which enables believer to live a holy life (Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 1: 15- 16).
- The redemption of the believers from all the works of the devil namely sickness, depression, death, sin and poverty.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the believer is enabled to live a godly life. We believe that the gifts are for today and should be exercised with decency and in order. God is not the author of confusion but of peace (1 Cor. 12:1-11; 1 Cor. 14: 1- 40).
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit subsequent to salvation and the accompanying initial evidence of speaking in other tongues and bearing the fruit of the Spirit (Act. 2:4; 20:44- 46; Gal. 5:22-23)
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and that all Scriptures center on/around Him. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious atonement on the cross (death), bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent personal return in power and glory. We maintain that: Jesus is 100% God and 100% human. He is the “God-man.” He is NOT a created being and is eternal. (Isaiah 7:14 ; 9:6 – 7 ; Rom. 8:3 – 4 ; Acts 1:9 – 10 )
- The Ordinance of the Eucharist (the Holy Communion or the Lord‘s Supper) must be observed by all believers and in this ordinance the bread and fruit of the vine are symbolic of the body and blood of our Lord and must neither be adored nor worshipped. ( 1 Cor. 11: 23 – 26; Matt. 26:26-29; Mrk. 14:22-25; Lk. 22:15-20)
- Marriage is an Institution established by God and any believer can choose to marry irrespective of his/her calling and gifts in the church provided that it’s so appointed them by God. Divorce, polygamy and adultery are unacceptable to God. We believe marriage must be between one man and one woman. (Gen. 1:28; 2:24; Matt.5:32; 19:3-12; 1 Cor. 7:8-11)
- The Bible is our sole guide for truth and is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. We affirm the 66 books for the Bible. Divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings in the original manuscripts and is therefore without error. All Scripture is profitable for correction, rebuke, exhortation, and instruction. We accept the Holy Scriptures as the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim 3:15 – 16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- Divine healing through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross (Isa. 53: 4; Mt. 8: 16 -17; Jam. 5: 13 -14)
- The authority of believers to cast out devils, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers and raise the dead and to exercise all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in our day. (Matt. 10:7-8; Mrk. 16:17-18)
- The participation of all believers in the fulfilment of the great commission.
· We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, that all are united to the risen and ascended Son of God, and are members of the Church, which is the Body and Bride of Christ and which began at Pentecost.
· Its members are constituted as such, regardless of membership or non-membership in the organized churches of the Earth. We are NOT inclusivistic (meaning that those people outside of the faith will be saved.)
· All students who become enrolled in the ICCLBTI should exercise grace, love and unity with all corporate members of ICCLBTI as well as to the Body of Christ at large.
· We do NOT believe in the ordination of homosexuals.
· Recognizing that the Jewish people are God's CHOSEN people, we renounce all anti-Semitisms or anti-Semitic actions and words, regardless of the source.
· We believe that Christians should bless the Jewish people because, according to the book of Genesis, God will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel (Gen. 12:1-3; Ps. 122:6).
· We recant and renounce the anti-Semitic teachings of Martin Luther concerning the Jewish people.
· We pray for the healing, blessing, peace, prosperity, and divine protection of the Jewish Nation. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem as commanded in holy writ. (Ps. 122:6).
· The Gospel is to the Jew first and then the Gentile. Gentiles (believers in Christ other than Jewish believers) have been grafted into the vine. Christians must realize that they do NOT HOLD UP the ROOT (Jews), but the ROOT SUPPORTS or HOLDS UP Christians (cf. Romans 11:18). The oracles of God were committed to the Jew first (cf. Romans 3:1-2).
· The ICCLBTI DOES NOT SUPPORT OR ENDORSE the dangerous doctrines of "Replacement Theology" as taught by others. The New Testament teaches that there is neither Jew nor Gentile, but the Lord's desire is that there be ONE new man. According to Ephesians 2:14-15, Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (i.e., Jesus, the Christ) has broken down the walls of separation.
Again, the ICCLBTI blesses Israel and the Jewish people. Prayers are also offered for the Middle East and for the salvation and peace of the Arab world.
· The INT. CHRISTIAN COUNSELING & LEADERSHIP BIBLE TRAINING INSTITUTE (ICCLBTI) shall not endorse or work with any organization that is built or founded on bigotry, racism or discrimination.
Rev. Dr. Charles Lamptey
President & Founder of ICCLBTI, Germany