Manifesto of ICCLBTI
* Esto nuntius fidelis; semper fidelis et verus *
* Be a faithful messenger; always faithful and true*
Welcome to the:
INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN COUNSELING & LEADERSHIP BIBLE TRAINING INSTITUTE (ICCLBTI)
In the Book of the Prophet Ezekiel, the third chapter and tenth verse, it is written:
- "Listen carefully to everything I say and then think about it." (Ezek. 3:10, CEV)
- "Son of man, all my words that I shall speak to you receive in your heart, and hear with your ears." (Ezk. 3:10, ESV)
- "Son of man, all my words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears." (Ezk. 3:10, KJV)
- "Mortal man, pay close attention and remember everything I tell you." (Ezk. 3:10, GNB)
- “Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first. Listen to them carefully for yourself.” (Eze 3:10, NLT)
- “Son of man, take into your heart all My words which I will speak to you and listen closely.” (Eze. 3:10, NASB)
Notice that in each Bible version or translation, God is unambiguously telling us to: (i) listen carefully, (ii) cogitate, and (iii) take to heart - the entire truth He has revealed to the humankind in His Word.
Also through the Apostle Paul, the Holy Spirit tells each of us in 2 Tim. 2:15:
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. (NIV)
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (NKJV)
All the above translations depict God’s desire to have His sons and daughters, servants and messengers to be well informed, transformed and equipped with His infallible and unadulterated words of truth, without blindly stumbling into “shame” due to falsified explications or exegesis of the Holy Writ. Although God is quite gracious and generous in offering us many free gifts, He also desires that we discipline ourselves to study the precepts, ordinances, statutes and the commandments He has given in His holy Word. In the text aforementioned, God emphasizes on, correctly or rightly and equitably, explication of His word of truth by all His studious, ardent and astute disciples or students.
In studying, searching and researching, the student of the Word of truth would inevitably, come to know the knowledge of the truth, which leads to both spiritual and physical freedom (cf. John 8:31-32). A spiritually, cognitively, emotionally and socially liberated and well-informed “messenger” of the “Gospel of Peace,” stands a better chance to help liberate others than those untrained and inadequately informed, such as neophytes (cf. 1 Tim. 3:6; Heb. 5:13).
Our fundamental purpose or objective in designing these lessons is to be a blessing to those who may not have had the opportunity to attend Bible College or Seminary or ones who may wish to refresh and furnish their knowledge with the inerrant Word of God. We are also aspired with the earnest desire to, objectively; create a renewed passion and hunger in each of us to seek and to come to the knowledge of the revealed and given things of God.
Having multiple advanced degrees does not necessarily mean that one has already attained perfect knowledge and understanding of the Most High God. The conventional and common sense question to ask is: “Is there nothing more left for us to learn? If the answer is ‘No,’ then why would God still emphasize, with regard to His Word, that each one of us should -- "Pay close attention," "Listen carefully," and "Think about it"? (cf. Ezekiel 3:10)
Even the most brilliant, astute and highly informed men and women would agree without doubt that – “learning is a life-long process that doesn't stop after we have achieved or acquired a certain level of certification, diploma or degree.” We should never feel we have "arrived" or we've learned all there is to know! In fact, after years of study, I've personally come to learn that "the more we think we know, the less we certainly seem to understand." The Holy Scriptures, explicitly, command and encourage each believer to - "study to show yourself approved by God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightfully dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). And we, not only as pastors and teachers, but also as fellow disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, should always hunger and thirst for that which can only be found in God's Word and in drawing closer to Him. And that is exactly the purpose of these lessons. Hence, it is our firm assertion that:
- We are sure to teach the Word of God; and…
- We are sure to impart the knowledge of His Truth.
Nevertheless, what we have prayed and striven for most is that these lessons would lead each of us into a more intimate and worshipful fellowship with our LORD God and Savior, Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (Jesus the Messiah// Jesus the Christ). However, if all that we do is just to impart knowledge and award certificates, then, we have failed in this most vital mission. Hence, certificate alone, is inadequate, but the Power of Christ, which leads all men to salvation!
Introduction to the School
Motivated by divine quest to seek and pursue for spiritual, theological/biblical and academic excellence, in order to fulfil our most holy objectives and purposes in the LORD, Rev. Dr. Charles Lamptey, under God’s inspiration and guidance, proceeded to found “ICCLBTI” (INT. CHRISTIAN COUNSELING AND LEADERSHIP BIBLE TRAINING INSTITUTE) headquartered here in the Hanseatic City of Bremen, Germany in 2018. The ICCLBTI, as a Christian academic institution, operates currently, under article §2 "Zweck der Gemeinde" (i.e., purpose of the church) - of the registered constitution of the Christian Assembly, My Father’s House (FGC e.V. Bremen):
(NB. Article §2 [below] in its original stated language - German)
d. Unterstützung und Förderung in der Ausbildung von Pastoren und Gemeindeleitern durch christliche, akademische Studien auf dem Niveau von Bibelseminaren, Hochschulen oder Universitäten, um fachkundige und kenntnisreiche Predigten und Lehren ausüben zu können.
e. Erteilung von Religions- oder Theologieunterricht.
f. Durchführung von Vortrags- und Seminarveranstaltungen mit belehrenden biblischen und theologischen, sowie christlich philosophischen und psychologischen Grundlagen.
g. Förderung und Durchführung von Kinder-, Jugend- und Erwachsenenbildung.
(Article §2 translated in English language)
d. Assisting and bolstering the training of pastors and church leaders through Christian academic studies at Bible seminary / college or university levels, to enable students acquire professional knowledge and better understanding in preaching and teaching (the Word of God).
e. To provide religious or theological lessons.
f. Conducting lecture and seminar events with instructive biblical and theological, as well as Christian philosophical and psychological basis.
g. Promotion and implementation of child, youth and adult education.
Dr. Lamptey believes that, the inerrant and unadulterated Holy Scriptures function as “invincible pillars” under the faith structures of the believer and thus, serve as the final authority and absolute substratum for all matters of faith and practice within the Christendom as well as for institutions, such as, the ICCLBTI. The ICCLBTI adhere to the Evangelical Reformers’ view of the Holy Scripture as the “Sola Scriptura”- i.e., the belief that Scripture is the final and only infallible authority for the Christian in all matters of faith and practice.
The Theological curriculums are designed and tailored to meet the divine requirement - leading to human justification, redemption and true freedom by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, alone. ICCLBTI, in addendum, derives its eclectics from other extra-biblical sources or disciplines such as, - Cognitive and Human Developmental Psychology, Behaviour Analysis, Types of Psychotherapy, Balanced-Racial and Historical Studies, Creative and Innovative Paradigms, Christian Arts, etc.
Since the ICCLBTI believes that the Bible is the Word of God and that, it is inerrant (infallible), we strongly make the Bible the bedrock for all positions and, in all areas of paramount moral and ethical issues of the time. Also, as a Christian and Bible believing institution, ICCLBTI advocates for a viable Christian Networking with other Christian Assemblies, Bible Schools, Seminaries, Colleges and Universities - with the primary goal of aiding each Leader, Minister and Ministry to satisfactorily fulfill their respective Vision, Mission and Destiny.
ICCLBTI believes and advocates the Sanctity of Life, the Sanctity of Marriage and the Family; Abhorring Divorce, Homosexuality, Lesbianism, and Acknowledging God in Public and Social Life unabashedly.
It is the our priority to inspire, motivate, equip and empower the “Spirit-filled, Bible-believing and Christian-learner” to study and present himself (herself) to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth - (cf. 2Ti 2:15, NIV)
In keeping with the sane and serene biblical vision to unite, encourage, and edify ministry leaders and other believers around the world, we are thrilled to provide these lessons to anyone in ministry — from lay ministers and Sunday School teachers, to graduate or post-graduate students; from elders and deacons to pastors; and from evangelists to missionaries, etc.
The ICCLBTI courses are offered free of charge to anyone wanting to improve their biblical and ministry knowledge. A generous donation to cover the cost of instructors, phone calls, office, printing materials, etc., would be welcomed.
ICCLBTI: OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH/ DOCTRINAL BASIS
- The ICCLBTI shall always look to the Bible as its guide in spiritual matters, and shall fully subscribe to the fundamental truths and the standard of Christian doctrine and principles. Hence, the doctrinal basis of ICCLBTI shall be the fundamental truths of the Christian faith which include the following:
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption, and the final judgment.
- The fallen state of man and the universal guilt of all men as having fallen and alienated from God.
- Salvation by faith in the finished works of Jesus Christ and therefore an act of grace and not by works. We believe in (i) the New Birth of the believer, (ii) in the salvation of lost and sinful people through personal repentance, and (iii) in regeneration by the Holy Spirit, as stated: "Ye must be born again." We affirm that a believer must actively cooperate and participate in the sanctification process (positional and progressive).
- We believe in ONE God in THREE PERSONS (the Trinity): that is the Unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19 ; Mark 12:29). We believe that the “THREE” are: Co-equal, Co-existent and Co-eternal.
- Water baptism as an outward symbol of identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the Holy life befitting such faith. Scriptural way of baptism is by immersion. (Mt. 28: 19; 3: 13 – 17)
- The universal church being the body of all born - again believers regardless of their denominations.
- Fellowship of believers should be a holy assembly and Christ – likeness in members is something to be pursued with all diligence.
- Believers leave the body at death to be present with the Lord and will share in the blessed resurrection when Christ appears the second time to a life of eternal peace.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost: (i) of them that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and (ii) of them that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation, which is called the second death. We believe that Hell is a literal place.
- We also believe in the redemption of the believer from all the works of the devil namely, sickness, depression, death, sin, poverty, etc.
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, which enables believer to live a holy life (Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 1: 15- 16). We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling, the believer is enabled to live a godly life. We believe that the gifts of the Spirit are for today and should be exercised with decency and in order. God is not the author of confusion but of peace (1 Cor. 12:1-11; 1 Cor. 14: 1- 40).
- We strongly believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit subsequent to salvation, and the accompanying initial evidence of speaking in other tongues and bearing the fruit of the Spirit (Act. 2:4; 20:44- 46; Gal. 5:22-23)
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and that all Scriptures center on/around Him. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious atonement on the cross (death), bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent personal return in power and glory. We maintain that: Jesus is 100% God and 100% human. He is the “God-Man.” He is NOT a created being and is eternal. (Isaiah 7:14 ; 9:6 – 7 ; Rom. 8:3 – 4 ; Acts 1:9 – 10 ).
- We believe that the Ordinance of the Eucharist (i.e., the Holy Communion or the Lord’s Supper) must be observed by all believers and in this ordinance, “the bread and fruit of the vine”- are symbolic of “the body and blood of our Lord” and must, neither be adored nor worshipped. ( 1 Cor. 11: 23 – 26; Matt. 26:26-29; Mrk. 14:22-25; Lk. 22:15-20)
- We believe that “marriage” is an “institution established by God” and any believer can choose to marry irrespective of his/her calling and gifts in the church, provided that, it’s so appointed them by God. Divorce, polygamy and adultery are unacceptable to God. We also believe strongly that, “marriage” must be exercised strictly, between one man and one woman. (Gen. 1:28; 2:24; Matt.5:32; 19:3-12; 1 Cor. 7:8-11)
- The Bible is our sole guide for truth and is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God. We affirm the 66 books for the Bible. Divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings in the original manuscripts and is therefore without error. All Scripture is profitable for correction, rebuke, exhortation, and instruction. We accept the Holy Scriptures as the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim 3:15 – 16; 2 Peter 1:21)
- Divine healing through the redemptive work of Christ on the cross (Isa. 53: 4; Mt. 8: 16 -17; Jam. 5: 13 -14)
- The authority of believers to cast out devils, heal the sick, cleanse the lepers and raise the dead and to exercise all the gifts of the Holy Spirit in our day. (Matt. 10:7-8; Mrk. 16:17-18)
- The participation of all believers in the fulfilment of the great commission.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, that all are united to the risen and ascended Son of God, and are members of the Church, which is the Body and Bride of Christ and which began at Pentecost.
- Its members are constituted as such, regardless of membership or non-membership in the organized churches of the Earth. We are NOT "inclusivistic" (i.e., the belief that those people outside of the faith will be saved.)
- All students who become enrolled in the ICCLBTI should exercise grace, love and unity with all corporate members of ICCLBTI as well as to the Body of Christ at large. We do NOT believe in the ordination of homosexuals.
- Recognizing that the Jewish people are God's CHOSEN people, we renounce all anti-Semitisms or anti-Semitic actions and words, regardless of the source.
- We believe that Christians should bless the Jewish people because, according to the book of Genesis, God will bless those who bless “Israel” and curse him who curses “Israel” for Abraham’s sake (cf. Gen. 12:1-3; Ps. 122:6).
- We recant or renounce the anti-Semitic teachings of Martin Luther concerning the Jewish people.
- We pray for the healing, blessing, peace, prosperity, and divine protection of the Jewish Nation. We pray for the peace of Jerusalem as commanded in Holy Writ. (Ps. 122:6).
- The Gospel is to the Jew first and then, the Gentile. Gentiles (believers in Christ other than Jewish believers) have been grafted into the vine. Christians must realize that they do NOT HOLD UP the ROOT (Jews), but the ROOT SUPPORTS or HOLDS UP Christians (cf. Romans 11:18). The oracles of God were committed to the Jew first (cf. Romans 3:1-2).
- The ICCLBTI DOES NOT SUPPORT OR ENDORSE the dangerous doctrines of "Replacement Theology" as taught by others that “the church” has come to replace “the nation of Israel.” The New Testament teaches that there is neither Jew nor Gentile, but the Lord's desire is that there be ONE new man. According to Ephesians 2:14-15, Yeshua Ha’Mashiach (i.e., Jesus, the Christ) - has broken down the walls of separation.
- The INT. CHRISTIAN COUNSELING & LEADERSHIP BIBLE TRAINING INSTITUTE (ICCLBTI) shall not endorse or work with any organization that is built or founded on bigotry, racism or discrimination.
ICCLBTI Course Structure
v Counseling: Psychology. It is a professional guidance in resolving group or personal conflicts and emotional problems.
Counseling is vital in this our age; an age of “egomaniacal liberalism,” “slavish compromise,” “conscienceless negligence,” “blind defiance,” “animosity/bitterness,” “hate,” “interrelation avoidances”, “personal and event denials,” “criticisms,” “rancor,” “truce breaking,” “rampart divorces,” “wars,” “hurts,” “fears,” “unemployment crisis,” et cetera.
Counseling, in this context and course structure, would derive from both theological and psychological view points. Key elements from both backgrounds of disciplines (i.e., theology and psychology) may be required and used as guidance and therapeutical intervention to manage, ameliorate, orient, establish, repair, heal, unite and strengthen suffering people and health institutions to repossess their original state of equanimity or sang-froid, in our shared human habitat.
Psychological Counseling: This employs proven scientific interventions and empirically supported techniques to diagnose, assess and treat client/patients with disturbing psychological conditions. Different therapeutic methods would be discussed to enlighten students to gain more knowledge on some of the currently known therapies, such as CT (Cognitive Therapy), CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy, SFT (Schema Focused Therapy) etc.
Theological (Christian) Counseling: This will combine and utilize key biblical doctrines or teachings on morality and ethics to formulate interventionary counseling to aid the infirmed and the broken souls. God’s infallible Word has the ultimate potential to remedy the complete tripartite being. The Word of God has power to heal. The Scripture states: “He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” (Ps. 107:20, NKJV)
In our contemporary society, both leaders and lay people; the young and old; men and women may require sound counsel to manage, solve or circumnavigate around daunting and obstructive issues which impede their agendas, aspirations, dreams and peace of mind. It’s obvious that, good and wise counseling approaches usually, help to bring one’s aspirations, dreams and projects to a satiable fruition. Hence, the Scripture’s warning: “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Pro 11:14, NKJV)
What does God or the Scripture say, with regard to counsel or counseling?·“Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength.” (Pro 8:14, NKJV)
· “A wise man will hear and increase learning, And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,” (Pro 1:5, NKJV)
· “They would have none of my counsel and despised my every rebuke.” (Pro 1:30, NKJV)
· “For the perverse person is an abomination to the LORD, But His secret counsel is with the upright.” (Pro 3:32, NKJV)
· “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise.” (Pro 12:15, NKJV)
· “Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established.” (Pro 15:22, NKJV)
· “Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days.” (Pro 19:20, NKJV)
· “There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the LORD’s counsel—that will stand.” (Pro 19:21, NKJV)
· “Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, But a man of understanding will draw it out.” (Pro 20:5, NKJV)
· “Plans are established by counsel; By wise counsel wage war.” (Pro 20:18, NKJV)
· “For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, And in a multitude of counselors there is safety.” (Pro 24:6, NKJV)
· “Ointment and perfume delight the heart, And the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel.” (Pro 27:9, NKJV)
· “The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.” (Isa 11:2, NKJV)
·“This also comes from the LORD of hosts, Who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance.” (Isa 28:29, NKJV)
Certification and Diploma Awards
After a successful completion of a level by achieving a 70% or higher result on the exam, the student will receive an –
ü “ICCLBTI Certificate of Completion”-for that level.
After you successfully complete the "Biblical Studies" levels, in addition to the Certificates of Completion for the three levels, you will be eligible to obtain a gold-embossed -
ü “Diploma of Biblical Studies” from the AOCI/BTI (Association Of Clergy International Bible Training Institute - USA).
You may also be eligible to obtain the -
ü “Diploma of Christian Ministry” by successfully completing the fourth level of studies listed under the "Christian Ministry."
If you want to further challenge yourself and increase your ministry knowledge, we will encourage you to also to study the lessons and articles listed in the "Extracurricular Studies." The purpose of these courses is to provide a quick and fundamental working knowledge of the topics in order to be more effective in ministry.
Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you: and Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (emphasis added)
We view these courses as another means of helping you to fulfill that great and divine commission.
God bless you as you work on advancing your own learning or preparing other workers of the harvest to go out into the world to share the Word of God.
ICCLBTI, a tool of knowledge,
In the hand of The Master,
To CHANGE our world!
ICCLBTI, a stream of Wisdom,
From the wells of Mercy,
To HEAL our world!
ICCLBTI, a light of God,
Shining, bright through the dark,
To show us the way!
Rev. Dr. Charles Lamptey
(Founder and President)